Is it okay for a woman to call a man first after the first date?

smightygood

Asked by smightygood at 4:15 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Why not. It's 2011.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:17 PM on May. 25, 2011

• My personal opinion.

Yeppers.. It's A-OK for a woman to call the man first. That shows she isn't playing games, is interested and willing to let it be known that she is. She knows what she wants, and she isn't ashamed to make her needs/wants known. I find up front women to be refreshing..lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:18 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I agree with the gals...but don't call too much, or he will think you are needy.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:20 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Yea I think it's OK as well, I am a single mom, when I get asked out on a date I tell the man up-front what my situation is, so if he still wants to go on a date cool.

If he didn't call again I would probably let it go, but if I was really interested, I would call him.
    ednahorton

Answer by ednahorton at 4:21 PM on May. 25, 2011

• SleepibngBeautee makes a good point.

If the calling is too obsessive, it can be a turn off. Meaning, don't call/text repeatedly, don't become hurt and become defensive/angry if calls/texts aren't returned immediately...that sort of thing.. Which some women do those types of things really not realizing that those types of actions are a bigger turn off than turn on for most men. Always remember: Simple, to the point, not wishy washy or too needy, not too pushy right out of the gate (ie: assuming or pushing for an exclusive relationship, pushing "love"..that sort of thing) ...and things should go just fine.. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:23 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I think if someone wants to call, they should call. I don't play games.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:25 PM on May. 25, 2011

• It isn't wrong but it's not propperor customary. Some people find it desperate. I am saying some people not I.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 4:26 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Yes, I think it is ok to call first. I think men like that the woman would make that call, it takes some of the pressure off of them. But I agree with the others, a short call either you just called to say you had a nice time or just ask him out again. If he doesn't ask you out or says he is busy just end the calling politely and then you wait for him to call you. He will either be interested in you and call again or he is not and you shouldn't keep calling.
    Anonymous

• If you think he is interested then yeah of course it;s okay!
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 4:33 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Yes, you can do what you want
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 4:38 PM on May. 25, 2011