Crazy herpes.

My cousin is dating my friends boyfriend/ babies father. She has herpes and has outbreaks they have had sex during out breaks. They were together for almost 6 years. Now my cousin hasn't slept with him but he said hes never had an outbreak and he doesn't have herpes, my friend told me he does that's how she got it. So i don't know much about herpes but don't you have to have an outbreak to catch it? And once you get it don't you have outbreaks? What do i tell my cousin hes lying because i have proof?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 4:16 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas....except Herpes, that shit'll come back with ya.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 8:11 PM on May. 25, 2011

• He could be a carrier and not have outbreaks but still spreading them - I would totally tell my cousin, that stays forever!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:17 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Definately tell ur cousin! That is serious..maybe suggest her to get tested..offer to go with her mayb..she will def need ur support GL!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 4:19 PM on May. 25, 2011

• OMG YES you CAN spread herpes without ever having had an outbreak. They didn't always know that this is the case, hence why many people are misinformed but it has been discovered that it is VERY possible.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 4:22 PM on May. 25, 2011

• You can still spread herpes without an outbreak. I believe some people can go for long periods of time without an outbreak. Now this is just my limited knowledge I learned during sex ed but your cousin should definitely be extra careful.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:22 PM on May. 25, 2011

• You don;t have to have an outbreak to catch it...one of the reasons it;s so common you also may get it and never get an outbreak..a carrier but you can still spread it or you can get 1 outbreak mistake it for something else and never get another 1 your entire life,but still spread it. he could also just be lieing and could know he has it. either way your cousine should know in case it;s true and she gets it
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 4:24 PM on May. 25, 2011

• You most definitly can spread the herpes virus whether there is an outbreak or not. That is a huge misconception. Once you have genital herpes you always have it. Some people don't get symptoms or outbreaks but it doesn't make them safe.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:25 PM on May. 25, 2011

• it's not a death sentence it's just an annoyance really...my mom and my aunt have it and there are ways to prevent outbreaks and even a medicine that will lower the risk of spreading it...and condoms are not always affective in preventing the spread of it say if the outbreak is on the anus and there is contact there or anywhere else outside of the condom as well as you can contract it although rare through oral...and even if you have a cold sore which is strain of herpes you can pass it on through oral and it then be genital herpes again rare,but possible. sorry just though you should have all the knowledge since it is perhaps one of the most spreadable STDs due to lack of knowledge.

happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 4:30 PM on May. 25, 2011

• well if i was her i would say if you wanna have sex go get tested since you dont have them then you dont have anything to hide....if he refuses then thats your answer but tell her!
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 4:32 PM on May. 25, 2011

• thanks ladies i just dont like that he might be lying about it. i think if she loves him and wants to sleep with him he should be honest and give her the option not trick her.
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 4:37 PM on May. 25, 2011