Why do you choose not to vaccinate?

I've been researching this topic a little, but I'm still undecided. There are many non partisan studies on both sides of the autism link, so excluding that from your argument, what is your reason for choosing not to vaccinate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on May. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• My reasoning is that it causes more issues than the Autism. I have chosen to selectively vaccinate based upon what the most prevalent diseases are. I think that in doing this my child is at a much lower risk of developing issues post vaccine. I also don't understand why if you vaccinate at an older age they need less vaccines than if you do it while they are younger? I also don't believe that the majority of the vaccines that are given are necessary either.
    Anonymous

• popcorn

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 4:31 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I delay and selectively vaccinate b/c I personally feel that the current schedule of vaccinations can be overwhelming to sensitive immune systems. I believe that is what contributes to many prevalent problems including Autism, allergies, asthma, etc. My children will get most vaccinations but I never gave any before 1 month old, and only allow 1 vaccination at a time and no closer together than 2 weeks. In general my kids are no more than 6 months behind typically vaccinated children.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 4:52 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I'm really not trying to start anything. I really want to hear what other reasoning ppl have besides the autism-link.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:35 PM on May. 25, 2011