Spellcheck nazi's.

Anybody else kind of tired of reading a question, then reading responses, only to see that there's that one person who feels the need to correct the asker on spelling and/or grammar errors? Sometimes they don't even answer the original question. We all know that not everybody is a spelling whiz, and I would bet that most don't use the given spellcheck. I know I don't. So, even though I see errors, I'm not so worried about taking the time to correct the asker IN BIG GIANT LOUD OBNOXIOUS LETTERS SO EVERYBODY KNOWS I'M RIGHT AND THEY'RE WRONG.

DJsMommy610

Asked by DJsMommy610 at 4:45 PM on May. 25, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Yeah...it's irritating.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:46 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Considering that one person is usually the same person, no matter what section you're in, it's easier just to ignore her. Some of us have been doing that for years, through all her user names.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:48 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Spell Check is two separate words!

j/k...you know I had to mess with you right?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:48 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I think it depends on the topic. But just to do it is kind of a waste of time.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 4:48 PM on May. 25, 2011

• The spell police are out again. My question is did anybody ever think maybe they are just having a bad day? To me I do not care. We are here to help who ever at least I am.
    Anonymous

• Haha, of course. I'm glad you caught on to that! ;)
    Notpanicking, I have a feeling I know who you're talking about. I think so anyway.
    DJsMommy610

Comment by DJsMommy610 (original poster) at 4:49 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Actually, reading questions and answers that could be better written by a second grader bother me. I get it that everyone here does not speak English as their first language and I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about people who say "da" instead of "the" and insist on typing that way as well. Reading their questions or responses makes it hard for me to even take them seriously.  Besides, spell check is free and easy to use.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:49 PM on May. 25, 2011

• kinda reminds me of that old Robert Frost poem, NP...''..miles to go before i sleep..miles to go before a screenname i keep.'' ...er, something like that. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:50 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I think CM would be a better place if everyone just focused on what the poster was trying to say, and not nit-pick about the imperfections (spelling errors, grammar) in the post. The "picky people" need to take into consideration that not everyone is perfect at spelling or grammar. Plus some mom's might be upset and in a hurry to get their thoughts out, some forget about spell-check until after they post (I have done that), some mom's may not be fluent in English and don't realize that they are making a mistake (like putting meat instead of meet), some moms may have dyslexia....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:51 PM on May. 25, 2011

• True, but that's just ebonics and slang, so even though it sounds like gibberish and is a little ridiculous, they know what they're doing, ya know?
    DJsMommy610

Comment by DJsMommy610 (original poster) at 4:51 PM on May. 25, 2011