Barbie collectors-

Keeping along with my 3rd childhood, I'm building up a collection of Barbies.
You keep hearing that the value of dolls is so much higher if you don't take them out of the box. But to me that seems such a shame. To keep something in a box and never touched.

What I always liked best about Barbies when I was a kid was all the different outfits. If they stay in the box, they stay in the same outfit forever.

any barbie collectors out there? I'm wondering of collectors have found it worth it to keep them in the boxes, or if they keep their collections in other ways.

anyone?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 4:50 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My sister's husband collects barbies. He has them in the boxes. But what he does is buy 2 of each kind so he can open one.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 4:53 PM on May. 25, 2011

• 'But what he does is buy 2 of each kind so he can open one'
    I've thought of that, but as it is DH gets irritated about the things we have that we 'don't need' so far I open certain ones and keep the special ones in the boxes.

then I wonder if the 4 dollar beach barbie I just opened to make a new dress for is the one that will be worth a great deal.
    Like that wonderwoman doll I passed up when I was a kid............
    who can tell?
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 5:01 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I started a barbie collection for my daughters when they were 5 years old. Their room had shelves of boxed barbies I collected the whole international collection, my girls also have several designer barbies still in boxes. My daughter also had tons of barbies they would play with. When my girls were in their teens they wanted the barbies no more. I have brand new barbies in Rubbermaid storage containers in my garage. The barbies they played with and all the accessories are also in a box in the garage. I feel like I am keeping a part of their childhood.  My daughters are now 20 and 18 maybe I will give their dolls to their children once day far away from now :)

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:13 AM on May. 27, 2011