Anyone have verizon, what phone do you recommend?

or not recommend?

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 5:00 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Technology

• I just got Verizon service. I LOVE it. In military housing and installations it can be incredibly hard to get service, and I've had nothing but full bars.

I got the Samsung Galaxy Tab. It's like a mini computer and right now only 149.99 with a 2 year activation. I put Skype on it and I have my own phone number with unlimited minutes, unlimited data (because we have WiFi at home), unlimited texts and my bill is only 40 bucks a month. Granted that's with a military discount. Normally it's 51.00.

The quality of the sound is very clear. I sat my Tab down in my kitchen and I was doing chores HANDS FREE and I was about four feet away and the person could hear me super clearly. I am IMPRESSED with this beast of technology! I LOVE it!

I couldn't be happier with my tab. I also ordered some accessories for it : A skin, a case, a screen protector, and a stylus ALL for 20 bucks on Ebay. Individual purchases so I could pick and choose.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:05 PM on May. 25, 2011

• wow those are huge!
    Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 5:10 PM on May. 25, 2011

• It's technically competition for the Ipad, not a cell phone. But I was just sharing my experience.

It's a Kindle and a recipe book and navigation and email and Facebook and everything. It's got many features that are better than an Ipad AND it's smaller than an Ipad. I mean, you can literally do any and everything on it. I love it. And my bill is about 80 bucks cheaper this way than it would be if I had a cell phone which is harder to navigate through to me (I love the larger screen). 80 extra bucks in my pocket? Hell yeah!

It exceeds my expectations. =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:42 PM on May. 25, 2011

• thats cool, sounds really fun!! i will def get one (or similar)
    hmm...i want it for 150 instead of 300 so ill have to see when my contracts up
    thanks razelda! cool name btw :)
    Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 5:45 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Anyway, that's just how I feel. It's not technically a cell phone, but you can get a text messaging package like I have to receive texts. You have to add Skype like I did or another program in order to receive calls. And yes I have my own direct number through Skype on my Tab so when someone calls me I get instantly notified like I would if I had a typical cell phone.

It also Android technology so it's top of the line.

I was debating between the Samsung Galaxy Tab and the Droid X. I went with the tab because of the larger screen and the significant amount of money I wouldn't be wasting when I'd also get more features, IMO. For a 2 year contract length my entire bill total is about 720, versus 2,880 with a droid phone.

Savings - 2,160 during the two year length contract.

Good luck and happy shopping!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:45 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I do not recommend the Palm Pixi...
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 6:56 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Love my Droid!
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 7:58 PM on May. 25, 2011

• HTC Thunderbolt.
    mysticalmalissa

Answer by mysticalmalissa at 6:31 AM on Jun. 5, 2011