Anyone have an ideas as to helping children get along with each other?

I have a 4 year old and a 9 year old--both boys--and it seems like they are constantly fighting. I need some good suggestions as to how to get them to get along better with each other and behave themselves especially when we are out in public. Thank you

FYI--My husband has a hot temper and yells and screams alot also doesn't matter if we are at home; in public or whatever if he gets mad he starts yelling and swearing. So I know the boys get some of it from him but am wondering what to do to break the cycle so they will be have and not do this.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 5:12 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow. I wish I had some good advice for you. I guess you need to find a punishment when Dad isn't home to teach them to treat each other respectfully. I would approach it from the aspect of teaching respect rather than abstaining from fighting. Good luck.
    Sorry I cant be more helpful.
    Dabberdoo

Answer by Dabberdoo at 6:37 PM on May. 25, 2011

• that's just the thing they are fine when it is just one parent or the other but get us both together with them that is when they start being brats
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 7:27 PM on May. 25, 2011