Sex scandals, celebrities losing it....why is this taking up a whole segment on the news channels?

I don't get why this is important for the world to know. I mean if it were an entertainment channel, than fine, talk about Charlie Sheen's craziness and Arnold Schwarzinigger's love child. Why does that take principal over news that matters? I'm so sick of the gossip news. There's a reason I pass up the tabloids in the supermarket.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 5:13 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Entertainment

• There's a huge market for it, else it wouldn't be published.

I can't stand it either, but to each their own.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:15 PM on May. 25, 2011

• It matters because the powers that be want it to.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:15 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I agree.
    Dabberdoo

Answer by Dabberdoo at 5:16 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I thnk the news media is nuts if they think that is appropriate news material. I hate it. They are making an embarassing spectacle out of the mistakes of celebrities. Its all scandals. stupid!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:28 PM on May. 25, 2011

• To distract people from the IMPORTANT things that might sway voters AGAINST an Obama re-election!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:29 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Many people don't care, but MANY do. I'm sure the gossip portion of the news, and the gossip pages of the papers probably pay for the entire thing.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 5:33 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Because that is what the majority of our citizens want to hear. Misery loves company, perhaps? It's mindless drivel that requires no thinking-

I think sometimes people believe that they actually know those who live their lives in the public eye, and therefore, they have a right to know all the minuteia- Wrong, just because you know of someone does not mean you personally know them.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:44 PM on May. 25, 2011

• It's to distract people from what is going on!! Like Libya the war we are not in!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 5:52 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Definitely Distraction, as other posters said!

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:00 PM on May. 25, 2011