Should I tell DH now that I am preggo again, or wait until Christmas?

I just found out that I am preggo with #2. We decided to start trying early because it took 8 months to get preg the first time, well wouldn't you know it, a month later! Our son is only 10 months, wasn't planning on being quite so close, but God has his plans. My questions is should I just tell dh, or should come up with some crafty way to tell him (suggestions needed) for a Christmas surprise?

Kristin216

Asked by Kristin216 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i would wait til christams when are they going to do the ultra sound if you can get it before put it in a box and wrap it up
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 5:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Aw, if it is totally planned and expected, i would wait and surprise him for christmas. Howvere, if there is a chance he might not be so thrilled i would probably tell him now. But you can maybe take an ultrasound picture and do something crafty with it as a present for christmas.
    Anonymous

• Oooh that is just such perfect timing, you have to wait until Christmas!! :) Maybe you could wrap a positive pregnancy test or an ultrasound picture? Put it in a big box and weight it down with magazines or something, so he'll have absolutely no clue what it could be. Or get a cute picture of your DS, frame it and put a caption on it that says "I'm going to be a big brother!" and wrap that up as a gift. :)

P.S. Congratulations!!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• If you can wait till Christmas, you're a better woman than I! I could never keep it to myself, but I think it's a great idea!!
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 6:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• That's such a cool christmas gift! Congrats:)
    Anonymous

• I would try to hold off on telling dh until Christmas too! I might actually be in the same position as you are because I might be pregnant but have to wait until next week to find out!!! Congrats!!!!
    myfamilymylife2

Answer by myfamilymylife2 at 6:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I would wait until christmas and get a onesie or a bib that said I love my daddy. Or you could get your son a shirt that says i'm a big brother. Either way I would so wait until christmas and surprise him.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 6:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• It would be hard to wait until Christmas! We found out that we were preggo with our first baby on Dec. 22. We decided to tell my parents on Christmas day...

We got a picture frame that said "baby" on it. We printed a sheet of paper that said, "Coming Soon, August 29th." We wrapped it in a blue and pink box and gave it to them as the last gift of the day. They were really surprised!
    mom2eliandjayde

Answer by mom2eliandjayde at 6:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I was hoping to get pregnant by Christmas so I could tell my husband with a gift, and I found out I was on the 21st of last December. I wrapped up my positive pregnancy tests with a newborn sleeper and gave it to him on Christmas Day. At first, he just thought it was a cute outfit for the future, since we were trying, but then he saw the tests underneath and burst into tears, lol!

If you can wait that long I guess I'd go for it, though I personally wouldn't leave him out of an ultrasound (my husband came to all of mine!) if he'd want to be there.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i would wait until christmas..my friend and her husband have been trying for almost a year to get pregnant and shes hopin this last time is the winner..and she will find out right around christmas!! soo shes gonna do some cute gift thing for him to find out!!

the ultra sound thing would be the best idea!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 6:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2008