Has Anyone Bought Gold!!!!

No I have sold a couple tiny things I did not like, but that is it. Cant eat gold.

King Midas was a very kind man who ruled his kingdom fairly, but he was not one to think very deeply about what he said. One day, while walking in his garden, he saw an elderly satyr asleep in the flowers. Taking pity on the old fellow, King Midas let him go without punishment. When the god Dionysus heard about it, he rewarded King Midas by granting him one wish. The king thought for only a second and then said I wish for everything I touch to turn to gold." And so it was.

The beautiful flowers in his garden turned toward the sun for light, but when Midas approached and touched them, they stood rigid and gold. The king grew hungry and thin, for each time he tried to eat, he found that his meal had turned to gold. His lovely daughter, at his loving touch, turned hard and fast to gold. His water, his bed, his clothes, his friends, and eventually the whole palace was gold.

King Midas saw that soon his whole kingdom would turn to gold unless he did something right away. He asked Dionysus to turn everything back to the way it had been and take back his golden touch. Because the king was ashamed and very sad, Dionysus took pity on him and granted his request. Instantly, King Midas was poorer that he had been, but richer, he felt, in the things that really count.

sweet11-12

Asked by sweet11-12 at 5:23 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• Gold prices keep climbing. My daughter and her fiance just purchased their wedding ring set and were able to get a great deal because they didn't have to order the set, in stock price was nearly half of what a new order price would have been!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:37 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Really. I have invested in other things that are not so much about money for me.
    sweet11-12

Comment by sweet11-12 (original poster) at 5:51 PM on May. 25, 2011