Ok let me ask this then...

I know this has been asked a million times but i want my own answers. And not sex HE WILL NOT do that one. I'm 38 wks and want to have this baby. I'm having contractions just not regular ones they come for a few hour then go a way and come back.
Wht did you try and did it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but I tried EVERYTHING with my first...sex, walking, nipple stimulation, spicy food, blah blah blah...and my DD still came a week late. :-P So unfortunately, I'm not convinced that anything works! haha
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Why won't he?
    Anonymous

• you poor thing I couldnt imagine going PAST 40 wks.
    Anonymous

• Because he thinks it will hurt her. WE have talked to the dr together and everything he still wont do it.
    Anonymous

• Okay seriously. Is there like some other way you can have an orgasm? Like you having clitoral stimulation? Orgasm increases chances of contractions.
    Anonymous

• Do some squatting, I got a yoga ball and sat on it and rolled around. It helps thin the cervix.
    Anonymous

• We had sex late evening when I was 40 weeks a 1 day -- I went into labor a couple of hours later and delivered our DD 8am the next day.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 6:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Might sound weird but I dont masturbate. and he isnt here I want to start things before he gets home...i know im difficult
    Anonymous

• Evening primrose oil is an excellent source of prostaglandins, which we already determined readies your cervix for labor. It can be taken orally as soon as 34 weeks, and can be applied directly to the cervix at full term (36 weeks). The general recommendation is two 500mg
    capsules per day until week 38, at which time you increase to 3-4 per day. The entire capsule can be inserted vaginally (inserted just before bed, it will dissolve before the first time you wake to use the bathroom), or you can use the oil on your fingers for your perineal massage, then also rub on your cervix (assuming you can reach it). Applying directly to the cervix is optimal, but the beneficial ingredients are absorbed through the external skin or the stomach also.

Anonymous

• I walked a LOT, bounced on a yoga ball all day, had sex, ate spicy food, and few other things I don't remember. When I went to bed that night, my water broke, though I'm not convinced any of the things I did really made it happen. What I AM sure of is that all of the extra activity made me really sore and tired PRIOR to going into labor, which only made things that much more difficult!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2008