Too much chaos!

I have two children that are 2 and 5 and also two german shepards that average out about 100lbs a piece I just cant seem to keep up with things between the dogs the kids and the husband. Any help would be greatful!

shsutterfield08

Asked by shsutterfield08 at 5:34 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Hook up the shepherds to one of those pony ride things and invite the neighbors over? Just kidding. But seriously, I think there Would be a kennel in my yard for times when I am overwhelmed at least you could send the dogs to their room for a break.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 5:53 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I agree, a kennel.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:38 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Do you have a fenced in yard? Can you send the dogs outside? It can be crazy overwhelming. Hang in there.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:24 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Does your husband help? We have 3 kids and two German Shepherds too!
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 11:17 PM on May. 25, 2011

• That's why we have cats! I love German shepherds, but they are big dogs and really do better outside IMHO
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:29 AM on May. 26, 2011

• LOL! Sounds like my home! I have a 5 year old boy, 2 huge German Shepherds and 2 cats! It is chaos central! lol! The cats do tend to sleep the day a way unless it's time to eat.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 9:11 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Relax, breathe deep. On occasion we will put our dog (a rott mix) in our bedroom with his bed, when we are feeling overwhelmed. He's a great dog, but he wants to play with the boys (7, 5 and 2) so bad! As far as the boys go, when I'm feeling overwhelmed with them I have different projects that I know will keep them busy and calm. Play doh, legos, a bath, swimming, etc. Find that one project that your kids zone in on and make that your "calm" time!
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 10:28 AM on May. 26, 2011

• i'd put the dogs outside.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 1:06 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Please don't put the dogs outside. I swear that irritates me so badly when people feel that ignoring their responsibilities (and yes animals are a responsibility you take on when you get them) is a solution to make life easier. I find that involving my dogs ( I have two as well) in the family activities (walking, hiking, playing outside) kills two birds with one stone. The dogs get their MUCH NEEDED exercise and stimulation, and so do the kids. Children also learn responsibility and how to properly care for animals as well. If you really and truly cannot keep up with the upkeep and training/stimulation that GSDs require, I would seriously consider finding them another home.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:52 PM on May. 26, 2011

• welcome to my world!! I send the dogs outside
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:46 PM on May. 26, 2011