Do you think they will ever find a factual cause for Autism and do you ever think treating it will be easier, or there are more resources avalaible for the treatment of it?

They say that Autism has several differant factors but I do not believe they can say for sure exactly where it comes from.My DS has it and alot of other stuff and in the little town of tupelo, MS or anywhere in MS that can do much for my son.Not alot of help for that here and I think there should be more help and resources for those in need of them

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 5:38 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Kids' Health

• There needs to be alot more research done and alot more acceptance of it by the community.
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 10:41 PM on May. 25, 2011

• If they do find a cause I don't think everyone will believe it. I believe there should be more help for autism all over.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:14 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I think if they keep doing research they'll figure it out.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 9:20 PM on May. 25, 2011

• The best thing we can do is support autism research. There are many things we know about dideases today that we didn't know 100 years ago. That doesn't mean we can cure them, but some can be controlled. Of course for those who don't believe in vaccinating, that might seem like a bad thing, but hard to believe that even in my lifetime, polio was a major killer. Good luck to you.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 2:53 PM on May. 26, 2011

• idk, maybe.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:10 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i think theyll find a cure or something thall reduce the symptoms
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 10:39 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My Husband has a cousin who is an aspie, His Mom is Super back to nature he has never been vaccinated,fed non organic food, heck I don't think the kid has ever been to a real doctor and he's still has autism like my husband and three other cousins. Asperger's Syndrome(sorry because my husband has it I'm most familiar with this particular type of autism) was discovered(sorry I couldn't think of a better word) in the 1930's and even doctor Asperger noted that the children's fathers had similar behavioral traits. I've seen it run in my Husband's family extensively.
    My Brother is high functioning autistic he had recognizable symptoms at around four months. He most likely has it from my Mom being on anti-convulsants. Anti-convolsants are the only drug known to raise the chance of autism in children born to mothers taking them.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 12:58 AM on May. 27, 2011

• So we know that anti seizure drugs can play a part also there was a study at the U of U that found that autism seems to be centralized to five genes. The problem is is that it's not just one gene and the same defective gene seems to express differently in different individuals.
    Hope that helped.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 1:02 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Also for helping the symptoms there are many different options. Some use medications such as Adderall or other medications typically used for ADHD. Various therapies excist and most are a little controversial from holding therapy,diet changes,colored lenses,biofeedback,sensery therapy etc etc... You'll find a thousand different therapies and somebody is willing to back them up.

I don't know how the school district in your area works but here in Utah we have an autism specialist in every district. Depending on his age special education or early intervention is fairly standard and the school system might be able to help you find resources in your area.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 1:14 AM on May. 27, 2011

• I sure hope so!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:00 AM on May. 27, 2011