High school friends...

alright...so i was a cheerleader in high school with many friends. the girls that i was with on the squad were my closest friends. we were together in school and out of school. so...after we graduated high school (2000) we all kinda went our ways. one of my closest friend married an airforce pilot so she is constantly moving all over the country. we kept in contact through letters in the mail. and i constantly tried to keep in contact with her but one final letter had been returned to me "return to sender" because i guess she didnt live there anymore...she never forwarded any address. so thats kind of where we lost contact (that was in 2003). she was the only person from high school that i had kept in touch with. now fastforward...in the years past i have married and had 2 children...i have also gained QUITE A BIT of weight (like 90lbs) and i am VERY insecure and embarassed about it (seeing that i was 105lbs in high school). a few of my other girl friends from school have recently contacted me through facebook. and it turns out that my other girl friend (the airforce one) will be coming home for the whole summer. SO...i have tried to avoid all people from my past at all costs. i really am humiliated at my apearance. they want to all get together and i just dont know how i should do this...do i stear clear away and stay in my comfort zone? or do i suck it up and make set plans that have a guarentee of my discomfort with all this?

please dont bash, but i would like your kind and honest opinion.

happymom8262

Asked by happymom8262 at 5:47 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• i understand u fully. i have had chances to meet up with some old friends but they remember the 102 lbs girl with nice boobs..lol.. now im 20 lbs over weight and the nice boobs although still nice ( least to dh ) are bigger and more south. so i havent met up with anyone. and i do regret it a lil. i miss my old friends ( class of 97 ) and would love to talk old times. i have been losing weight and feeling better so maybe if u do something u to will feel better and maybe by the end of summer u can meet up for coffee. u have time. besides u have 2 kids thats a reason. women understand. and who knows mybe they gained some weight. or even tan so much they look like a suitcase. everyone dosent stay perfect. my old highschool male friends very good looking. i like seeing that age hasent avoided them :)
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 6:26 PM on May. 25, 2011

• If you found out your friend gained 100 lbs, would you feel differently?
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 5:52 PM on May. 25, 2011

• ummm..well i can really understand where you coming from. i am alittle on the fence with this but just a few thoughts to have in your mind, yes you might have gained alittle weight but you are still the fabolous person they know and want to be with, you never know what they might be alittle insecure about as well like problems with their marriages, kids, or jobs. try and go and be you and have a fab time going down memory lane...enjoy hun!!
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 5:58 PM on May. 25, 2011

• You need to value the relationship so you need to decide what kind of relationship you want! I was a cheerleader in high school, too, national championships and all that. If my former cheerleading buddies are so shallow they can't be friends with me because I've had 6 children and my body has changed, then seriously, I don't need them in my life!
    Dabberdoo

Answer by Dabberdoo at 6:34 PM on May. 25, 2011

• if your that insecure and uncomfortable, i would just leave your high school friends as FB friends and nothing more, if you persue this "get together" they will expect you to do it again and again. its your call.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:50 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I was a cheerleader and even on homecoming court and I am overweight now. You would be surprised too though most women are. I would just go see them. I doubt they are going to look down on you.

Answer by gemgem at 5:55 PM on May. 25, 2011

• these girls still hang out with everyone else that we went to school with and i just feel like it would be high school imaturity all over again, ya know? i just dont want to be laughed at or talked about...i dont want any attention whatsoever. ON THE OTHER HAND it would be nice to have people to hang out with once in a while. i just dont know if these are those people, ya know?
    happymom8262

Comment by happymom8262 (original poster) at 5:56 PM on May. 25, 2011

• thank you for your posts! =o)
    happymom8262

Comment by happymom8262 (original poster) at 8:40 PM on May. 25, 2011

• If your that insecure about your appearance then I would just let them stay as fb friends.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 11:25 PM on May. 25, 2011