Have you ever pushed away the person you love the most?

why do we do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe the right person, wrong time?
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 5:50 PM on May. 25, 2011

• no, but I have been pushed away
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:50 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I push away just about everyone, with the exception of my child. I don't know why I do it, I don't even notice that I'm doing it. I just can't get close to people and it freaks me out when people get close to me so I push them away. I guess I just don't trust people that and I'm afraid to get hurt so I just don't let people close enough to me to let them hurt me.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 5:51 PM on May. 25, 2011

• wow! i have the same problem! great insight on the matter, thank you onemellowmom for sharing! :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:53 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I have tried hard over the course of my marriage to push my dh away. I think I did it to avoid anymore pain and heartache. We have had several issues over the years. But, we have weathered everything and are very strong now!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 5:54 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Yes I have... The results were pretty horrible..

Why did I do it.... I didn't know how to truly share my needs/my wants/my desires or how I felt in regards to myself and those things. Instead of being able to affectively communicate, I pushed/shoved and distanced myself. It was the easier path so to speak.. Though it seemed the easiest way to deal with me/my issues/my marriage at the time, in the long run it created problems that were far far from easy to deal with and reconcile.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:54 PM on May. 25, 2011

• No, never have and never will, I valued those who are close to me.

Answer by older at 5:57 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Yes, when I left my ex. My family stuck by me, though. No hard feelings.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 5:58 PM on May. 25, 2011

• yes, my husband cause he beat me..
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 6:14 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Yes i was afraid of committment and tried to blame everything that went wrong on him but realized after some time apart that im just as much to blame.
    shsutterfield08

Answer by shsutterfield08 at 6:40 PM on May. 25, 2011