You think this will work?

I think that we will be fine. the economy might get worst but I see better days ahead. I think the gov. is taking steps to improve our economy.
"NEW YORK – A stock market gaining in confidence shot higher for a second straight session Monday as investors bet that President-elect Barack Obama's plans to increase spending on public works projects will help lift the economy back to health. The major market indexes jumped more than 3 percent, and the Dow Jones industrials' nearly 300 point advance gave the blue chips their highest close in a month.

The rally, which gave the Dow a two-day gain of almost 560 points, extended a period of relative tranquility on Wall Street. The Dow and the Standard & Poor's 500 have risen in nine out of 11 sessions as investors have absorbed bad economic news without signs of the panic that rocked the market for much of the fall."

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 6:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Capitalism that is left alone by the government and not overtaxed by the government will be the only thing to save this country

Then why are all those wonderful capitalist beating down the government's door for money to survive? Seems if not for the government, capitalism is headed for the grave.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 10:36 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• "Obama's plan calls for the largest U.S. public works program since the creation of the interstate highway system a half-century ago. That could bolster the economy by putting thousands of people to work building schools and other construction projects.

His weekend announcement gave a lift to a range of companies, from machinery makers to materials producers. Alcoa Inc., the world's third-largest aluminum producer, surged 18 percent on the news; while heavy-equipment maker Caterpillar Inc. jumped 11 percent.

get the complete story at http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081208/ap_on_bi_st_ma_re/wall_street
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 6:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Ny... I think whatever Obama does will encourage the real Americans to get up and survive, he has definetly inspired so many. I think it is good that he is planning on making ways to give jobs. I hope that he will have something someone without a college education or without formal training can do too.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Honestly, I think Obama will do whatever he can and I do support him. However, I think we need to not look at the market right now with the holiday season in full blast. After the holiday I am nervous about how many stores will get hit with returns and the purchasing just stop. I am keeping a close eye on it all especially since I work in retail and I need job security.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 7:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Did you not the see the numbers the day after his election? It was the biggest drop after any presidential election.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• And it will continue to DROP after his inauguration...let alone after the NEXT terrorist attack occurs on US soil! The problem is this time around, we are already strapped for cash, and he will have cut out military--lessening our infrastructure and abilities to respond...oh goody! (sarcasm)

At least when 9/11 happened, the economy was doing well, unemployment was low, and a REPUBLICAN was in office. The best we can hope for is in two years when "The One" hasn't granted everyone their wishes, that we'll be able to vote out the majority of DEMOCRATS in congress, and then we can get back to rebuilding our country. Until then...hold your breath!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Not what the market showed today. Sorry. Keep hopin sister, things are going to get very very bad very very soon. This post was written one day too soon, Obama will not save this country.
    Anonymous

• Clearly, you are not aware of an Obama induced recession. I agree, Obama will not save this country, Capitalism that is left alone by the government and not overtaxed by the government will be the only thing to save this country. And Mr. Zero is against all of that, you got an easy 4 years of deflation and woe coming lady.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Unless of course the American people vote OUT as many Democrats in Congress as possible in 2 years. Then Obama can ride the REPUBLICAN wave like Clinton did for 2-6 years thereafter!
    Anonymous