I am just amazed...

about how much people do not think that there are some differences between white children and black children and the way that they are raised. There are just some cultural differences and some realistic differences that people need to understand...

My daughter cannot just run around with her hair down, getting drenched, b/c a. her hair will dry out b. it is so much work to get it to look presentable c. that is the choice I make for my child.

I could go on... but I feel a little better now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on May. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• happy your feeling better. I know there are cultural differences however, children are children.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 6:05 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I don't think they are that different. My daughters hair is crazy curly, so to keep her comfortable, and make it easier to manage, I keep it up when it's hot and she is going to be playing outside.... I am as pale as they come.... A friend of mine has a mixed little girl who keeps her daughters hair up for the same reason.... Nothing different because of their color...
    Anonymous

• I'm guessing ur child is black... well hate to tell you, my daughter is mixed and has black people hair she can run around in the rain play in the pool and do everything a white child can do. I keep up with her hair and just put more cream in it.. its all in the way you deal with the kid. wtf does the way someone is raised have to do with their hair???? I put my child's hair up to stop from knots.. same as i would if she were white. u make NO SENSE to me what so ever...ignorance is bliss

Anonymous

• NO it is not... my son has white people hair and my daughter has black people hair.. she has an AFO!!! There are some mixed kids that have different hair.. my daughter isnt one of them..
    Anonymous

• Ok... as long as you feel better. :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:01 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Glad you got that off your chest. :-)
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:02 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I was just pointing out one of the differences... I didn't want to keep going on, and biracial children's hair is still A LOT diff that black people hair.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:17 PM on May. 25, 2011