Has anyone ever had acrylic nails and have ure nail go bk and lift ure real nail off the bed of the nail but is still on didnt come off completlythis happened to me idk what to do its sooooo PAINFUL!!!!

so I have left it on and taped it down with paper tape idk what to do It hurts soooo BAD   FYI this all this happened as i was fixing my bed and my hand slipped and hit the head of my bed hard and my tumb took it all my nails lifted but istead of the fake nail coming off my real nail came with it off of the bed but did not come off completely

Mom2oneNate07

Asked by Mom2oneNate07 at 6:13 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• well,time to let some time go between nail sessions. You probably contacted a fungal infection. You'll have to clear that up before you even think about getting nails again.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:16 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Go to a real nail tech!!!!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 6:20 PM on May. 25, 2011

• im not exactly sure what you mean but it sounds like your nail tore? or the acrylic lifted from your nail or it lifted YOUR nail from the bed? sorry i dont toatlly understand but if its either of those three things you could get some nail glue from walmart or any place like that to glue on fake nails and glue your or the fake nail back down and keep a handaid around it until it grows out. hope that helps some! thats what i used to do ffor my acrlyic nails when they would break off
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:23 PM on May. 25, 2011

• If they were removed properly that never would have happened. You are supposed to soak them in acetone for a very long time. They soften, turn into jelly, and are ground off.

You are at very high risk for a serious infection right now. I would keep it covered, and wrapped. With neosporin as well. If it doesn't hurt any less by tomorrow, I'd go get that checked.

I used to do nails professionally and I've seen some nasty things happen to nails.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:25 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I was fixing my Bed when this happened and my hand slipped and hit the headboard causing it to go bk and raise the nail up off the bed
    Mom2oneNate07

Comment by Mom2oneNate07 (original poster) at 6:26 PM on May. 25, 2011

• OH btw, super glue or nail glue..in a few days after it's dried out, and a little less painful, without signs of infection, you can mend the nail with nail glue or crazy glue.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:26 PM on May. 25, 2011

• numb it with ice and then take a deep breath and cut it off. Wash it well with soap and water then keep it covered only when you have to. use antibiotic cream daily.
    Anonymous

• Know your pain this has happened to me before what worked was cutting it the pain almost immediately went away.
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 7:01 PM on May. 25, 2011

• My nails hurt with just reading this. ouch!!! I have had this happen to my big toe before. That is really painful! I would just keep it wrapped up.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 7:40 PM on May. 25, 2011