Looking for advice about weight loss

I really need to loss this weight i am 30lbs over weight and i get really depressed when i look at old photos. if any of you other moms have any advice please share.

AmiliasMom

Asked by AmiliasMom at 6:13 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• After my second child was born, I was overly anxious to lose the weight for a vacation when he was 4 mo old. I did Adkins, which worked, but too hard to stick with. I gained all my weight back on the vacation. I then did the Special K diet, and did really well. It was easy, and I never starved. Go to their website for the info. Good Luck!!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 6:23 PM on May. 25, 2011

• thanks i will try that
    AmiliasMom

Comment by AmiliasMom (original poster) at 6:24 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Well, many of us are in the same boat. I just took off 82 pounds and have more to go. It's been a total change in how I was living. My SO bought me a VitaMix and I eat pretty much veggies and fruit, salads, smoothies, I go out of my way to stay out of trouble. I walk as much as possible and he even takes walks with me. I listen to Jillian Michaels pod casts and take the dog for long walks. I just had to revamp everything. I heard Jillian saying how being a mom is the toughest job and we put ourselves in last place. That was my issue for a long time.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 6:26 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Ok, I think the best advice I can give is:
    Weightloss takes work and determination. There are no easy ways to lose weight. If a diet is extreme, or too good to be true, it probably is. Pills don't work, so save your money. They are all pretty much a mix of the same crappy herbs. Make a lifestyle change, not a fad diet.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:45 PM on May. 25, 2011

• i've begin to walk a lot more, and i do the slim fast thing. i had NO self control when it comes to food so when i started this diet it was really hard because serious disipline.. that has taught me self control and helped me make better choices. i still eat what i want, just not nearly as much as i used to. i have to moderate so that i stick to the slimfast plan and still lose weight. good luck.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 9:24 PM on May. 25, 2011