Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you're pregnant and think you might have an ear infection do you go to your OB or to a regular Dr?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

Answers (5)
  • regular doctor. he will know what you can and can not have

    Answer by ashes27165 at 6:21 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • You can just go to your family doctor. They know you are pregnant. They won't prescibe anything you can't have.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:22 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • My OB told me at my very first appointment that if I had any issue that needed to be seen by a dr. to contact her office first. I had the flu last week and when I called they told me I could go to my regular dr. I would think an ear infection is probably the same thing.

    Answer by FatGirl239 at 6:37 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • I only see my OB if it's pregnancy related. If not I see my regular doctor. But if you're put on meds you should always let your OB know.
    Brittany C.

    Answer by Brittany C. at 6:47 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • I have a cold and went to my regular dr, just tell them you are pregnant. If you get something that could be pregnancy related go to your OB... Like swelling or light headed. Something like that, they always have room for immediate appointments...

    Answer by gibsongirl017 at 11:42 AM on May. 26, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.