Do you think powerful women are as likely to cheat as powerful men?

In light of the unraveling of Arnold Schwarzenegger's scandalous affair, there's been a lot of talk about the propensity of powerful and successful men to cheat on their spouses, whether it be for the thrill or simply because they can.

But what about women?

AOL suggests that they're just as likely to do the same.

Joris Lammers, a professor from Tilburg University in the Netherlands, studied answers to an anonymous questionnaire given to more than 1,500 business magazine readers ranging from top execs to the clerks in the mailroom. Respondents were asked about their thoughts on power, how confident they were about their own status at work and how willing they were to take risks.

Lammers' study found that women in higher positions were, in fact, as likely to cheat on their husbands.

Research conducted by Illicit Encounters, a website designed to aid adulterers, suggests that women may be even more likely to seek out alternative partners.
I'm thinking - WHO HAS THAT KIND OF TIME ON THEIR HANDS? 

tasches

Asked by tasches at 6:21 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Money has nothing to do with cheating, people do it and in the end its a mess for everyone they drag into into it with them.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:36 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I also wanted to add that you rarely hear stories of celebrities or political women cheating on their spouses. They could just be better at not getting caught, but it might also be because they just don't.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:39 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Cheating is cheating no matter who does it!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:37 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Generally I think women (as a whole) are less likely to cheat on their partners because women tend to be more focused on emotional connections and relationships than men who seem to have increased physcial "needs." However when you are in a position of power where you have people looking up to you, wanting you, throwing themselves at you, I can see how either sex might find it hard to resist being able to have virtually anyone you wanted. Not that that excuses the cheating, I'm just saying I see how it happens. I'm going to disagree though with AOL...I think men are more likely to cheat than women, regardless of their positions.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:38 PM on May. 25, 2011

• It really depends on the person, but I personally think that women are less likely than men to cheat.
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 6:51 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I do think that powerful women are just as likely to cheat as powerful men. I would not be surprised if Maria was banging one or more maids on the side, she's just smart enough to have them killed or pay them off properly.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:20 AM on May. 26, 2011