If you could go back and change one thing or part of your life what would it be?

Me, I would have never had any kids before 30.I love them to death but I understand now just how hard it can be and I wish I would have been more stable financially and things like that before I had kids because you never know what can come your way .My DS is autistic,adhd,sensory processing disorder,asmtha ,and so much more and it takes every ounce of energy I have often and is a hard road .I love them and still want them just I wish I would have waited longer to do so .

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 6:28 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Oh, and my 4 yo son is also autistic (PDD_NOS) and I have called my beautiful mother and cried to her, "I LOVE my son, I hate Autism!" You feel what you feel, and you are entitled to it. My baby boy is the light of my life, and the cause of my gray hair.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 11:33 PM on May. 25, 2011

• One thing I've learned is not to look back on the past. I did the best I could with what I had and I believe my kids are better off than I was. Our lives weren't perfect, though I waited till I was 29 to have mine. Seems there is never enough money or never enough time no matter how long you wait.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 6:31 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I have said it before and say it again. Nothing! The only true mistakes are ones not learned from. Besides if not for the mistakes in my life I would not be the person I am today. Bumped and bruised it is true but wiser and warmer.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 6:55 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I would change my high school years. I was in an abusive relationship the entire 4 years. I had no friends and could not enjoy the time. I missed out on so much because of him. I wish I had never met him.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 6:31 PM on May. 25, 2011

• first reaction tells me to say that i would never have gotten involved with my ex. thanks to him and my own stupidity, weakness and naivity (sp), i wasted 2 and a half years that should've been some of the best years of my life (18-20 years old). he was verbally abusive and super controlling. i ended up becoming his possession rather than his fiance. anyway, i'd love to erase all that, but i wouldn't have gotten my beautiful first daughter out of it. i think everything happens for a reason.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:47 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I don't really regret anything like that. I wanted to have kids young, get married young, and I still don't regret it. I guess my regret would be I wish I would have taken care of myself physically better when I was younger so it would pay off now, but the opposite happened. Not taking care of myself caught up with me. lol
    Keva1990

Answer by Keva1990 at 7:00 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I would have never cheated on my husband. I was in a bad place and my marriage was really rocky and I mad a serious mistake and I know it hurt him and me too. I would give just about anything to take it back.
    Anonymous

• Nothing. As horrible as most of my life has been, I've learned from those experiences. Without them I would not be who I am now, nor would I have the wonderful kids I do.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:19 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I would have finished college before all the kids. I quit to get married, had my first 5 years later, then finished. I might have still gotten married, but I would have continued my college. I still would have been finished in 2 years, worked for a couple of years and then had my first. But, 23 years later, that is the only thing I can really thing of.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:14 PM on May. 25, 2011

• i would not have started a relationship with a married man who later divorced his wife to be with me. they had (at the time) a 2 year old son. the guy and i moved in together and thats when my decline began. he introduced drugs into my life. an addiction started immediatly. even after leaving him, because he was so emotionally and physically abusive, i continued my downward spiral with drugs. it took me 3 years to finally turn my life around. i got pregnant with my first daughter and i have been sober and clean everday since!! i love my life

happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 10:32 PM on May. 25, 2011