If you thought your stepson has AsbeIf you thought your stepson has Asbergers and behavioral issues and the parents won't address it, what would you do?

we'll they are in denial and the kid cannot get anywhere in life and I am stepmom.Real mom walked away and my husband has ful custody but they see the problems but sit around .My DS has Autism, I know it when I see it I really just do not know how to help him since good old dad is in denial.Suggestions please.

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 6:37 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Kids' Health

• If your son has Autism, do it like this, tell dad that you feel it would work for both boys if you parent them more the same way as a start. Does Dad not like "labels"?
    ToraMay

Answer by ToraMay at 7:01 PM on May. 25, 2011

• How old is the child? You could learn some techniques that help children with aspergers and teach it to him or use it with him.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:43 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Let him know his son is going to have problems in life if he doesn't get the help he needs. How old is your DSS? If he is in school you can get his teacher to help you.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:11 PM on May. 25, 2011

• What does the school say about it?
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 9:19 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I don't see there is much you can do, being in that situation. Keep talking about it until finally someone listens!
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 10:39 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Find out what his teacher thinks about it and then talk to your husband about what the teacher thinks.
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 9:50 AM on May. 26, 2011

• It will probably be noticed in school.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 2:48 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i would talk to his teachers and see if they agree...if they bring it up hell have to face it
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 10:38 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Ask if you can go with him to his next pedi appt (you know, in case you want to 'find a new one' or something) and bring it up to the dr.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 4:53 AM on May. 27, 2011

• It has been brought to his attention a few times so I really do not understand it .He is fixing to be 6
    Brandy928

Comment by Brandy928 (original poster) at 10:32 AM on May. 27, 2011