Anyone who got married before justice of peace or didn't have a real wedding and feel like you kinda got ripped off?

I got married before the justice of peace and I have only been married once,I had this dream wedding planned and I got justice of peace .I feel like I am worth he money and would love the experiance for my kids to be able to see.I had hoped by now we could have a wedding but with a special needs kid, not that lucky yet.

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 6:48 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I feel the same way. I told my husband that I wouldn't change my last name until I got my dress and flowers and walked down the isle. Its been 5 years and I'm still holding on to my word. I don't want a big wedding I just want a wedding. I'm only going to do it once and I feel I deserve it...... and my 5 year old is asking me all the time about our wedding so I think it would be really nice for him to be involved in the planning :)
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 6:59 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I had a "real wedding" with my first husband. Got married by the JP when I got married the second time around. To be honest, the big wedding isn't worth it. A lot of stress and money. It isn't the wedding that's important, it's the marriage.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 6:50 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I didn't want a "real wedding."
    Anonymous

• I had no desire for a "wedding". It has been 6 years since our JP wedding with just two witnesses. We got married in jeans! I wouldn't change one part of it.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:05 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I didn't want a formal wedding. It was never a big deal to me, but age and lack of finances was probably more the deciding factor. My husband wanted a church wedding, which I found odd since usually it's the groom who avoids the big ordeal. My mom got re-married when I was 18 and it took her years to pay it off. For that reason alone I am so so so glad we did it at the court house. We hit our 20th anniversary in 6 more years and will do a destination wedding with our kids then.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 7:00 PM on May. 25, 2011

• our JOTP wedding fit us. We're not the formal type.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:06 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I got married in my parents back yard with 25 family and friends and had the best time ever. I never wanted a big wedding because they are way over rated. Its not that your not worth it you made a commitment to each other no matter what, however, I do believe if you do the JP you should have a great honeymoon, thats an expense not wasted that last alot longer than a wedding. I have no regrets and I am glad we did what we did because that allowed us to afford our home and the furnishings which will again last a lifetime.
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 7:08 PM on May. 25, 2011

• the question is...Are you happy? if so then keep it moving. JP or wedding what does it matter as long as your happy
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 8:13 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I don't care. I'm getting married next week in a tiny chappel with 5 people, I'm gonna wear capris and it will rock!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:25 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I got married in the courthouse. I would like to have had a small wedding, but mom didn't offer. Besides my DH & i couldn't wait to save money for a wedding, so we went to courthouse & got married. I didn't even get a wedding cake or reception or nothing. Mom didn't even do that. But when my half-sister got married, mom had a wedding for her, big reception and wedding cake and everything. My half-sister is my mom's favorite child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:06 AM on May. 26, 2011