My ex's GF wants to get married on my DD's b-day

She said it's the date that works best for their family. On one hand, I don't care because I will always get my DD on her B-day (she is 9) since it will be their anniversary but on the other hand I think it is rude to do it on her birthday since that is "her day". She is upset about it mostly cause this year it falls on a Sat and I was gonna take her and her friends to Universal Studio (the Harry Potter park!!!!) on her birthday, now her dad expects her to cancel her birthday plans to come to the wedding. I feel like she should get to choose because if it was so important that she be at the wedding, they wouldn't do it on her birthday. BTW GF's sister's baby will be 1 year old a week before the wedding and that's why they are not doing on that day so they can give up the first weekend they chose for her nephew but not for his DD. My DD said she would rather do her party trip as planned (if we don't go that weekend, we prob won't do it since I have already paid for the hotel for one night and it's non refundable.) Should I let her choose or make her go to her dad's wedding (it's on my weekend)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Let her choose

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:04 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Wow! This is quite the pickle! I'm not really sure as to what advice to give. But if she absolutley won't change the date, you could always celebrate her bday on a day before or after. I have almost never done cake and all that on the actual day.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:04 PM on May. 25, 2011

• But we are going to universal studios, it's all been paid for and most is non refundable so doing it another time isn't a option.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:05 PM on May. 25, 2011

• And they knew about the birthday trip before they planned to have the wedding then
    Anonymous

• Let her chose unless her dad is going to take it out on her for forever. You need to do what is best for your daughter.
    Dabberdoo

Answer by Dabberdoo at 7:05 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Thats been her birthday for nine years let her choose.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:06 PM on May. 25, 2011

• If you've had her birthday thing planned before you knew of the wedding, then let her do the birthday thing. Screw them.
    Anonymous

• It's not just before I knew the wedding, they planned the wedding KNOWING about the trip.... nice huh.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:07 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Yeah, they sound like they're just being @$$........ I say let her enjoy her day.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't go to the wedding. They did that despite knowing that you had a trip planned and paid for? What assholes! Let your daughter choose, any 9 year old wouldn't pass up Universal Studios.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 7:17 PM on May. 25, 2011