What is your opinion ...?

... about parents that homeschool?
... about children that are/were homeschooled?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:17 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I think they're doing what they think is best. Ppl have different reasons for homeschooling their children.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 7:20 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I say if you can put up with your kids all day every day... more power to ya. Me... I can't wait for mine to start school. I need some 'me' time.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 7:23 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I think it's a personal choice that a family makes. My daughter is not doing her best in a public school setting and has decided that she wants to be homeschooled.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:25 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I think they're great for making the dedication to home school. It's hard work!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:30 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Well, since I home-school my boys, I obviously think it's a great choice, but not always the best choice for all families. I would no more force you to home-school your kids, than I would want someone to force me to send mine to school.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 7:30 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Personally, I am against it, they are always behind when tested in public/private schools, they are lazy, and the parents arent educated in every grade, therefore cannot do what needs to be done. Socilization is hindered, and learning to respect other adults other than their parents is also hindered... it will in the future effect their job performance...IMHO.... this is MY OPINION... and that is all I do NOT judge!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:39 PM on May. 25, 2011

• LOL .... wow what a contradictory statement ....

"they are always behind when tested in public/private schools, they are lazy, and the parents arent educated in every grade, therefore cannot do what needs to be done. Socilization is hindered, and learning to respect other adults other than their parents is also hindered .... I do NOT judge!"

So - do you know many home schooling parents?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:41 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Of 8 kids I have decided to homeschool #7. I have never felt the need to do it with any of my other kids. My guy will turn 5 a week before school starts and emotionally he is still a little behind. I don't feel him turning 5 is going to change that but he is more then ready academically, I felt that this would still give him the education he craves while giving me a little more time to get his emotions under control. I won't lie I am a little nervous but I feel it is right.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 8:04 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I personally wouldnt home school my children unless they wanted it. I think going to school and interacting with other people is a big part of growing up. Home-schooled children tend to be more on the shy side and a bit clueless to the outside world of their home.

lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 8:06 PM on May. 25, 2011