Would you get offended or is this normal?

I am 4 months pregnant and me and my husband of 3 years are so happy. We went to my in-laws house to tell them the good new. They seemed happy too. We decided to have a bbq this past weekend to celebrate and tell the rest of his family.

I was sitting outside on the porch with some of his cousins, hubby's mom and sisters were in the house with him with the door open and only the screen door closed and I overheard something. His sister said you better get a paternity test. My jaw dropped. His mother chimed in as well gasping saying oh my goodness you need to do that. Why would they say it like that? I thought we were a family. They always treated me like family, did they hate me all along?

After the party on the ride home hubby asked me what I thought about getting paternity done on our first unborn child. I told him I wasn't feeling well and that I was going to take a nap on the ride home. Do I tell him I heard what they were saying? I don't want to break this family up but I'm so hurt. They are the only family we have around, my parents live 3 states away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Oh,I would have SOOOO jumped his ass on the way home! THE NERVE of all them!!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:18 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I would be most offended that my husband asked me about getting one.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:19 PM on May. 25, 2011

• If my husband said something similar to me I would tell him to stick it where the son doesn't shine. That is very offensive. I would also mention that you heard what they said and asked them why they might feel that way.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:19 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Wow Momma I am so sorry ((((HUGS))))
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:19 PM on May. 25, 2011

• i would have walked in and asked them what their problem is..NEVER would i have held that in..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:20 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I would have said fine but ull look like the @ss when this is you baby...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:24 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I would ask them so this is how you really feel? I would say something to them it has to hurt and it cannot go on its time to lay your cards on the table.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:24 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I would have walked in and asked them why they would ask this from his wife of 3 years. I would also say that until each of them is ready to apologize to you, that person will have NOTHING to do with the baby (including your DH)
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:25 PM on May. 25, 2011

• No this is not normal & yes it is offensive! I would lay it all down & tell him you heard the conversation. I would also confront his family too as hard as that may be. You need to make sure that they are going to treat you & the baby in a manner you approve of & its better done now then later. Good luck hun.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:26 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Super offended! I would have stood up and said something the moment I heard that! If my husband had the nerve to ask me that I think I would really punch him in the mouth then told him to go fuck himself.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 7:27 PM on May. 25, 2011