Do you bring your kids in the ocean ?

The start of beach season is right around the corner. I grew up on the beach and raised my son on the beach. and yes we lived in the water too. How about you? I see so many families that go to the beach but barely touch the water.

shanesmom24

Asked by shanesmom24 at 7:19 PM on May. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes. i love going to the beach!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:20 PM on May. 25, 2011

• If we are at the beach and we are in a warmer state then we spend a lot of time in the water.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:21 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I did the same thing, my kids were at the beach from about 3 months old, we spend a lot of family time there and share a lot of good memories.

Answer by older at 7:21 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Yes, but sometimes when we go to the beach we don't go in because the water's too cold. Maybe those people feel the same.
    Anonymous

• This year we arent close to the beach but last year we were & my daughter was 2 1/2 years old. She was only allowed up to her ankles by herself with me next to her or in front of her. After that she had to be holding my hand bc she was still too little. I saw many children running right into the water though without any parents in sight. I'd allow my daughter to go right up to her neck & play in the waves holding my hand only though. I was a bit less strict at this lake we went to where the water was calm & it was shallow for like ten feet out (of course she couldnt go ten feet out but a few feet without me having to be in the water with her).
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:21 PM on May. 25, 2011

• When We use to live Near Bodega Bay CA. We were in the water ALL summer! The beach was a 10 min drive and there was a clear river in the backyard!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 7:41 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Now we just have a pool :( but we still drive to the coast!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 7:42 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Yes my dh takes them in the ocean but myself nope I don't go near it unless I have to.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 7:50 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Ever since we moved near an ocean we went every week. My dd loves the water and I find my self being a kid again at the beach.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 7:55 PM on May. 25, 2011

• every year we go to the beach my son would rather play in the sand cause he loves it but he's still to little to go all the way in the water so we still dip our feet unless my husband wants to be silly and throw me in.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 8:01 PM on May. 25, 2011