How young is too young........

To give a kid a cell phone my son will be 3 end of next month and he loves i mean LOVES to call his grandmother well were think of getting him a prepaid phone he can call her when ever he wants!

He keeps up with my phone all day long (which bugs me) and he knows how to use it!

So what do you ladies think?on phone

myboysRmyhero

Asked by myboysRmyhero at 7:26 PM on May. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• Wow there mom, 3??? way too young!!!!

Answer by older at 7:27 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Oh good grief! 3?? And how do you think Grandma will feel getting calls every 2 mins? BAD IDEA
    Anonymous

• Honestly I'd say no. How often is he going to call her? Wont this become a disturbance to your mother? I wouldnt give my daughter who is 3 1/2 yo a phone that works! Allow him to call from your phone but give him a limit like twice a day in the morning & in the evening or something.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:28 PM on May. 25, 2011

• 3 for sure is too young
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 7:28 PM on May. 25, 2011

• 3 is way to young. My step son is 10 and his mom bought him one and she has since then bought him 3 more in the past year. If your just that rich and don't care about money do it but your kid is fine with using yours.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:30 PM on May. 25, 2011

• He already calls her from 3 to 6 times a day and i would NOT being paying for ANY of it!

myboysRmyhero

Comment by myboysRmyhero (original poster) at 7:31 PM on May. 25, 2011

• What a sweet thing to consider! :-) Personally, I think 3 is a bit too young. Perhaps you could call grandma for him? My dd loves talking to her daddy on the phone, so I call him for her often.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:32 PM on May. 25, 2011

• 3 is definitely way too young IMO. It might be fun for him to call his grandma but to have the opportunity to call her whenever he wants, or other random people, is too big of a responsibility for a 3 year old. 8 would be the youngest I would give my child a cell phone...and that would be based upon their involvement and number after school activities
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:32 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I got one for my son when he was 5. And he still has the same phone. The thing I ran into was if he woke up in the middle of the night, he would call my mom, sometimes really late. And I stressed he could only call numbers stored in his phone.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 7:33 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Definately not. I even think elementary school is too young. Calling Grandma should be a privalege. That's great he knows how to do it but I do not suggest a cell phone for a 3 year old!
    BraydonsMama262

Answer by BraydonsMama262 at 7:34 PM on May. 25, 2011