How can I get my toddler out of my bed?

My son is now 3yrs old and still sleeps with me. I try putting him in his on bed he wakes up during the nite and cries like someone is killing him. Any suggestions?

mystery8307

Asked by mystery8307 at 7:46 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Can I partner in on your question? Lol I am in the same boat with my almost 2 year old.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 7:47 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I placed my dd(14 months) in her own bed. but i put it very close to my bed, then moved it a little further when she got use to her toddler bed. and now-2months later-she is in her own bed in her own room =)

good luck
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 7:54 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Child lock on the inside of the door if he can't figure those out. Do the household "monster" checklist. Flashlight to under bed, in closet, comedy inside tiny drawers. Have a special stuftie stand watch so he can sleep in his room. Express how he's a big boy and you're proud that he can remain in his room. Maybe lay with him with a story and explain how he needs to be in his room. Maybe give him a night light or lamp.

I finally got my son to stop co-sleeping with me by using all those methods. Now he's almost 5 and shares a room with his 2 yr old brother. I find my older son climbs into bed with the younger one now for security sake and my 2 yr old HATES it lol. At least it's not me?
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 7:54 PM on May. 25, 2011