How can I get my toddler not to be afraid of the water when we go swimming?

I tried to teach him not to be afraid of the water and I take it slow with him to let him understand but he constantly hollas.

mystery8307

Asked by mystery8307 at 7:49 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You can't force him to like the water, let him get close to the water on his own terms and let him find out for himself how much fun it can be. Teach him how to swim that is a must......

Answer by older at 7:54 PM on May. 25, 2011

• does he pick out his own water toys? bathing suit? how does he do in the bath? get a little blow up pool. let him pick it out. start by putting just a little bit of water in that. start with kneeling by the pool and playing with the toys in the water while he is on the outside . try swimming lessons at your local pool. if you are going to the beach( outdoor pool, or lake ) bring the toys and that blow up pool. you can use a bucket to go get water and put in the pool. hope these ideas can help :)
    shanesmom24

Answer by shanesmom24 at 7:58 PM on May. 25, 2011