How can i keep my child from bitting?

She bites me and my mil.

cathysmom2010

Asked by cathysmom2010 at 7:53 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i know this sounds bad, but my dd use to to that all the time for almost 6 months. i got tired of burses from her bites so Ishe bite me and I bite her back.

she never bite me again
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 7:55 PM on May. 25, 2011

• thanks
    cathysmom2010

Comment by cathysmom2010 (original poster) at 7:56 PM on May. 25, 2011

• np. dont bite them too hard. lol
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 7:57 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Careful though, if you bite her she will think its ok to bite. Maybe giving her timeout consistently each and every time would work.
    haysmum

Answer by haysmum at 7:59 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I was watching the Drs this morning and Dr. Sears said that if you notice her going to bite, block her with her own arm, so that she bites herself. She'll realize it hurts faster that way.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 8:13 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I have to agree with biting back. Not too hard, like she said. My son used to bite all the time until I gave him a little nip back. He chews on his shirt now instead or his bath towel when he gets out of the tub lol That was his most common time to bite me, right on my shoulder, is when i got him out of the tub.
    mrs.ed.griffith

Answer by mrs.ed.griffith at 8:15 PM on May. 25, 2011

• sad to say I did the bite back thing and it worked too. This is very normal for the age and often not even an aggressive behavior but an odd love that to them is just beyond a kiss. Be patient. Don't ever over react to it in a positive way or negative way and give the matter attention. Just shake your head and say you don't like that.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:55 PM on May. 27, 2011