I feel so stupid for asking this but dont want to look stupid when I go either...

I'm 26 and NEVER had fake nails but I really want to get them done. I want to get the ones with a pink shaded nail bed and white tips. When I go in what are they called? What should I say I want?I just don't wanna go in and look stupid for not even knowing what to tell them I want.
Thanks in advance for any answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• They are french tipped, and most will ask what color for the bottom.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:07 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Pink and white. I just got em :)
    haysmum

Answer by haysmum at 8:09 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I tell them I want pink with a french tip. I think I used to get a color called cotton candy and I loved it. That was when I could afford to get my nails done every 2 weeks though!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 8:09 PM on May. 25, 2011

• It's called a french manicure :)
    mrs.ed.griffith

Answer by mrs.ed.griffith at 8:11 PM on May. 25, 2011

• the only stupid question, is the one that is not asked..
    and yes french tip manicure. enjoy your mani and hey go for a french tip pedi while you are at it. :) open toe season is here
    shanesmom24

Answer by shanesmom24 at 8:12 PM on May. 25, 2011

• pp is right, it's called a french tip. don't be nervous about it! the ladies are usually really nice. i get mine done every once in a while - they make you feel so girly!
    they will glue the tip to the whites of your nail, and cut it as far down as you like it. i like them really, really short, so don't be afraid to tell them to keep cutting. then they will put acrylic on, which is like a plaster, and it covers your whole nail. it's stronger than your real nail. when that's dry, they will add color. just remember to RELAX YOUR HANDS!!! i always get nervous and tense up, and it makes it harder for them to work on them. they won't bite you, just relax lol.
    good luck!!!
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 8:12 PM on May. 25, 2011

• A French Manicure, is just a manicure done French style. Just ask for acrylic, not "fake"nails, pink with white tips. It's pretty standard. I know I did more of those than anything else when I did nails in the salon.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:15 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Thanks ladies for all the supportive answers. I feel a lot better now and will be sure to enjoy my day :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:15 PM on May. 25, 2011

• it's a full set white tip. I get them done like every other week lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:20 PM on May. 25, 2011