Summer Lunch

What are super quick and cheap ideas for lunch? I have 3 kids and they arn't allergic to anything. They don' really like sandwiches.

kristybagley

Asked by kristybagley at 8:14 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Food & Drink

• My kids like frozen pizza, hot pockets, tuna, vienna sausage. Eat leftovers. Canned ravioli.
    startingover777

Answer by startingover777 at 8:40 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Salad on a Stick. Kids love it.
    I take red pepper, green pepper, and yellow pepper and cut them into 2" wedges. I use grape tomatoes, I peel and slice a cucumber. And chunk up some fresh mozzarella (works better than the dry stuff) I toss them all into a bowl and pour Newman's Own Family Italian dressing over the top and let them all hang out for a couple of hours.

I then slide them onto wooden skewers and the kids think it's super special. Sometimes I add folded hard salami or mini pepperonis in between the cheese and veggies.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:24 AM on May. 26, 2011

• We keep cut up fruit and fresh 'dipping' veggies (like carrots, celery, cucumber) in the fridge for the kids to eat with a meal or as a snack. I also keep lettuce (for a salad), yogurt, lunch meat, bread/buns, cheese on hand for sandwiches, or I make egg salad/tuna salad/chicken salad/ham salad spread for sandwiches. The kids also have granola bars, pretzels, cottage cheese, soup, applesauce, or frozen TV dinners to pick from. Cottage cheese with fruit; tuna salad on rice cakes hot dogs for them in the summer. Grilled cheese is easy
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:39 AM on May. 26, 2011