Summer Lunches

I need ideas for summer lunches. I have 3 kids and they aren't allergic to anything.

kristybagley

Asked by kristybagley at 8:16 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I make tuna salad, egg salad and chicken salad for sanwiches in the summer. I keep fruit all the time for snacks. My granddaughter like apple slices with peanut butter to dip them in. She also love cottage cheese with peaches and she prefers tuna salad on rice cakes instead of bread. I do keep kosher hot dogs for them in the summer. Mainly I try to avoid chips and sweet, sticky snacks all the time. Grilled cheese is easy.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:25 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I keep fruit and fresh 'dipping' veggies (like carrots, celery, cucumber) in the fridge for the kids to eat with a meal or as a snack. I also keep lettuce (for a salad), yogurt, lunch meat, bread/buns, cheese on hand for sandwiches, or I make tuna salad/chicken salad/ham salad spread for sandwiches. The kids also have granola bars, cottage cheese, soup, applesauce, or frozen tv dinners to pick from.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:42 AM on May. 26, 2011

• We keep cut up fruit and fresh 'dipping' veggies (like carrots, celery, cucumber) in the fridge for the kids to eat with a meal or as a snack. I also keep lettuce (for a salad), yogurt, lunch meat, bread/buns, cheese on hand for sandwiches, or I make egg salad/tuna salad/chicken salad/ham salad spread for sandwiches. The kids also have granola bars, pretzels, cottage cheese, soup, applesauce, or frozen TV dinners to pick from. Cottage cheese with fruit; tuna salad on rice cakes hot dogs for them in the summer. Grilled cheese is easy
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:38 AM on May. 26, 2011