Stress and anxiety

Lately, I have been so irritated with my boys. I have a 3 year old and a 4 month old. My husband has been working quite a bit lately, I have Crohn's Disease and maybe Rheumatoid Arthritis so I haven't been feeling well, and I just feel stressed out. Obviously I am not the only mother in this world so I feel like I shouldn't be getting this frustrated. As any mother knows, nearly all of your attention goes to your children from sunrise to sundown....and in some cases the middle of the night! Do any mothers out there feel this way? Sometimes I feel like I just don't want to be needed for a couple days. I feel awful for this, but I can't help feeling this way every once in awhile. Is this normal? What do you guys do when this happens?

britthoch2010

Asked by britthoch2010 at 8:28 PM on May. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• i know what you are saying ,
    i just keep going , it will be eaiser when your baby gets older - hold onto that
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:10 PM on May. 25, 2011

• jugglingthere are days where i want to just go hide out somewhere. ANYWHERE! dont beat yourself up too much over this hun...its something alot of moms and dads go through. its hard when you have little children that depend on you for EVERYTHING! its emotionally and physically exhausting. make sure you are getting enough sleep (i know its not always convienent) and make sure that youre eating well. a happy mom makes a happy home. dont forget to take time to really relax. wine, a bath, a book, masturbate...something...do something for you! as the kids get older (it will happen sooner than you know!) it will get easier...it WILL get easier...hang on mama!

hugs

happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 9:15 PM on May. 25, 2011

• You are totally normal. The younger years with kids are the hardest. Do feel bad if you need to ask for help. If you have family, ask for mommy time and make sure you spend that time taking care of you and only you.
    BowCheeky

Answer by BowCheeky at 9:16 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Just keep your head up.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 10:50 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Ur a mama, but ur also human! It's normal to want a break from madness, lol, u love ur children but being a mother is trying at times! I used to have a really hard time getting over the guilt of feeling stressed and tired. Just keep on trucking (cuz u have no other choice, lol) ur babies need u, that's what makes us great mothers, we put aside our feelings to keep our children happy! Ask ur hubby if he'll watch the kids every once in a while so u can get out and have some quiet time!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:58 PM on May. 25, 2011