How can i get my son to eat

My son is now 18months old and hes now getting to the point to just wanting to drink milk.. i am lucky to get him to eat some toast every 3-4 days.. im really at a lost on what to do.. im about to get him into the doctors for it.. hes very hyper and has lots of energy but hes simply just not eating.. ive cooked all kinds of things for him.. even tryed him on the toddler meals and he still doesnt eat them and i just dont want to waste food what do i doo please help!!!

AngelsMommy2009

Asked by AngelsMommy2009 at 8:30 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Quit giving him milk!
    Anonymous

• He is getting filled up on milk
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:07 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Is there anything he WILL eat?
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 9:19 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Stop giving him milk. I know he seems harsh, but you have to do it. A baby that age can get veru amemic from a milk only diet. He will get hungry enough and actually eat. He will cry for the milk, but don't give in.
    elijahsmama09

Answer by elijahsmama09 at 9:58 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Just keep offering. It's the age where children get picky and stubborn, it happens. Eventually he WILL eat.
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 10:43 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I have a 15 month old and he is the same way! It is so frustrating so I hope I can get some answers too!
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 10:53 PM on May. 25, 2011

• My daughter is getting the same way. I would limit the milk, maybe try yogurt, string cheese, meats, and other things, just give little bits often. My daughter loves to throw most of her stuff.
    othermom

Answer by othermom at 9:40 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Decrease the milk and offer little bits of finger type foods often. Finger sandwiches, yogurt, string cheese, cut up meat pieces, little watermelon square, or anything you can cut up and sit near him while he is playing to get him eating more would be great.
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 9:49 AM on May. 26, 2011

• decrease the milk, and give him finger foods. He might like things he can feed himself.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 2:44 PM on May. 26, 2011

• They go through stages where they eat a lot, and then, not so much. He'll eat when he's hungry.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:08 PM on May. 26, 2011