How many of you have tried making a side by side double stroller by attaching 2 umbrella strollers together? How did that go?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 8:31 PM on May. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• They make connectors. I had some and connected two strollers in a pinch. It's okay for short trips but it's hard to control them and they won't fit through a standard door. I used them to walk my 2 kids to the grocery store a couple miles away (while I was pregnant with the 3rd). When we got there I had blisters on my hands and had to take my older child out, take off the front connector and fold down one stroller to fit in the door of the store. I just left it collapsed but connected while we walked around (she was 2 and held on). Then when we left I had to put the stroller back down, strap her in and push them with groceries on the back. It was really hard.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:43 PM on May. 25, 2011

• i saw a women pushing her kids and she had the stroller that way. i think she used ropes and tied together. but it didnt look easy to maneuver.
    shanesmom24

Answer by shanesmom24 at 8:33 PM on May. 25, 2011

• CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 8:37 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I thought about it, but I found a double umbrella at kmart for less than the cost of two umbrella strollers.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 8:41 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I would only do that if i had the stroller connectors, but I've never tried it with them. however, i would assume it would work pretty well, espessially compaired to two strollers TIED together. I've seen them at babies r us also but I don't recall the price
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:15 PM on May. 25, 2011