What would you do in my situation?

I want to know what would you do if you were me, I have trouble budgeting my money, so i thought i would let this agency take care of my money. well it seems they pay my rent, electric, car insurance, propane, but they didn't pay my cell phone bill and now i don't have any way to communicate with the schools my girls go to and things like that. I mean what if god forbid something happens at school. how would they notify me?. What would you do?

shysa9705

Asked by shysa9705 at 8:49 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would get in touch with whoever you hired and explain the problem and try to grow up and handle your own finances.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:51 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Maybe just get a pre pay phone.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 8:52 PM on May. 25, 2011

• What agency is this? I know that there is a bill pay system in most banks, but you don't pay for that and you schedule your own payments.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 8:58 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I do not own a cell phone and I get by quite nicely using my home phone and answering machine. It's a lot cheaper than a cell phone!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:14 PM on May. 25, 2011

• see if u can get a prepaid phone. we have a place where i live where u get a free phone with 500min. and it rolls over every month. check with your local dhs office.
    6bunnies

Answer by 6bunnies at 9:15 PM on May. 25, 2011

• contact the agency and work it out. contact the phone company maybe you can work something out with them . you need to find a friend, parent or someone to teach you to work out a budget. we need to budget money are whole lives. even when your finances improve you still budget. you just have more to work with. but learning how to budget your own money will be a lesson you will use your whole life. i wish you the best .
    shanesmom24

Answer by shanesmom24 at 9:18 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Take control of your finances. If you're not good at it, get someone who loves you and knows you to help you set up a system that works for you so you don't have to pay an agency and worry about stuff like that. If that isn't an option, get a new agency--that's unacceptable.
    lizi.clawson

Answer by lizi.clawson at 9:45 PM on May. 25, 2011

• You asked what I would do in your situation. I wouldn't pay anyone to do something I could learn on my own. I'd whack at learning it until I could manage reasonably well. There are many free online helps to teach you how to set up a budget. Good books at the library. Assuming you have a time committment with your bill paying company, I'd try to make that my deadline for taking over my own finances. As far as the cell phone is concerned you have to get that straghtened out with your bill paying company and then really consider if that's the best option. We have a land line and it's the cheapest for our family. We've used a tracfone in the past when traveling.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 7:36 AM on May. 26, 2011