I dont know what to do...

Sorry if this is hard to read, im on my phone. Anyways, i really like this guy and i think he likes me. The problem is that i dont want to start a relationship with him because i tend to jump in too quickly. I have two kids under 5 because of this problem. I get really head over heals then get pregnant then all the lovey dovey goes away and eventually so do the relationships. Plus im going through a huge custody battle over my youngest. If all thats not enough of a reason to stay out of a relationship he is moving to japan in september cause hes in the navy and they are stationing him over there. But everytime we get the same work shift we hang out on breaks and he buys me food and drinks. We laugh and joke and seem to really click and he changes his shift all around to be with me and stuff. Jeeze i feel like im in high school again. I have a major crush. Please tell me how to get over this without being rude to him. I want to stay friends cause hes such a nice guy but i cant have a relationship...

mommy06and09

Asked by mommy06and09 at 8:57 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• i guess i would tell him just that. that you care about him enough to stay friends but that you just can't go any further. if he wants to take offense then kick em outta your life for good, you dont need drama. but do you really feel like you could be "just friends" with this guy? that alot easier said than done...gl =o)
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 9:02 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Hes moving. Don't even bother.
    BowCheeky

Answer by BowCheeky at 9:05 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Make a "no sex" rule and see if he hangs around. If he does, and you are willing to wait until he gets back from Japan, he might be a keeper. I wouldn't just throw him overboard, but I would want to make absolutely sure this was based on something much more than the physical. Those are the ones that last a lifetime.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:06 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I agree with telling him the truth. Be real with him. People tend to do better when we are open...He will understand. Who knows what the future will bring . :-) He will be flattered with they way you feel about him.....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:07 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Enjoy your flirty breaks together and let it be that. You already know what you need to do . It's not rude to be up front with someone that you can't be in a relationship. If you really think there is potential down the road then write each other while he's gone and maintain a friendship. Maybe when he gets rotated back your situation will be better settled and you'll have that foundation of a friendship to really speak to the kind of man he is.

kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 9:13 PM on May. 25, 2011

• but i want sex!
    mommy06and09

Comment by mommy06and09 (original poster) at 7:24 AM on May. 28, 2011