Chances after a tubal

Anyone had their tubes tied and conceived? Would I have a better chance if I went in and did a insemination?

In a relationship and we have been having discussions about maybe having a baby of our own. Just throwing the idea around, but we already have our own from our past marriages so not in a rush or need to have another. Just a thought of what if we did. I'm also in my mid 40's so that also is another reason we are just thinking and not setting in stone.

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• My mom did, 15 years after her tubal. But I think it's really uncommon. Have you had your tubes untied? Unless they have come untied naturally, they will have to be untied, no matter what method you use to become pregnant... I believe,
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 9:15 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I became pregnant in March of this year after having my tubes tied for 2 and half years. unfortunately it was ectopic. It is very rare to become pregnant after a tubal but it is possible and there's a very high chance of ectopic pregnancy. You will need to have a reversal done or do invetro if you wish to become pregnant. Look for info online or talk to your doctor about it, I'm sure they can give u some info about your options.
    LizH84

Answer by LizH84 at 11:29 AM on May. 26, 2011