Does your child have a nickname? Do you love it or do you hate it?

We called my son by his initials for many years, DW. Well, you guessed it, he got to first grade and someone said, "that's Arthur's sister!" so now he goes by his first name.

He has several other nicknames that I call him in private, never in public. But his cousins still call him DW, which drives him crazy!

I really loved my son's nickname and I miss it. When he was very little, he went to a nursery and they had several women there who were from hispanic countries where the letter "W" is hard to say in Spanish, so they called him "D.D." and I loved that too! It was too sweet!

dwmom2008

Asked by dwmom2008 at 9:41 PM on May. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• My daughters name is Caitlyn and my stepdaughter has taken to calling her Katie. My husband and I both put a stop to it. We point blank said if we wanted her to be named Katie, we would've named her Katie.

At home I call her Goose - like a silly goose, but this is my third or fourth name for her since she's been born (she's six months old) and they come and go.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 7:01 AM on May. 26, 2011

• My mom calls my son "Bug." It was cute at first, but now she over-uses it and it drives me crazy! :-)
    HeatherLeigh

Answer by HeatherLeigh at 9:45 PM on May. 25, 2011

• We call my 6yo Cheeto or Aussie and DD-Chick pea or Leenie Bean she is just a baby so she can't complain .......yet :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:50 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I call my taden, tader and taderton XD and I call Tyler, TyTy or Ty
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:04 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I call my son Chonutes or Chonino! Lol, funky, but it stuck, now everyone in the family calls him that! Poor kid!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:45 PM on May. 25, 2011

• We call Ayami... Ya Ya and I like it...
    AyamiLove

Answer by AyamiLove at 12:01 AM on May. 26, 2011

• My family calls DS Mono. I don't mind it, it's kind of cute.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 12:15 AM on May. 26, 2011

• my kids have nicknames, they dont seem to mind them.
    ncmomma3152

Answer by ncmomma3152 at 9:06 AM on May. 26, 2011

• "MaryJane" is (naturally) "MJ". It works for her.

"Nigel" doesn't have a nickname.

"Calliope" is only two months old. For some reason, everybody seems to naturally call her by both her first and middle names, "Calliope Marvel"
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:06 PM on May. 26, 2011