Tired of the disrespect!

My husband has his moments where he can just be the sweetest man (I cherish those because they don't last lol). But most of the time he talks down to me. He shows me no respect and rarely even gives eye contact. When I try and make him realize this he just shuts me down and claims he has no idea what I am talking about. Even our friends notice. It is so embarrassing! I don't want my son to think it is okay to respect a woman and a mother like that. Leaving him isn't an option because our marriage isn't so bad to the point where that needs to be considered. He also is full of waaaay too much pride and refuses to see a counselor. Any suggestions??

BraydonsMama262

Asked by BraydonsMama262 at 9:48 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• sit down and talk to him , tell him how it makes you feel when he treats you that way.
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 9:52 PM on May. 25, 2011

• maybe film him or record him. maybe if he sees or hears himself he'll realize what it is he is doing. if you think this will aggravate him that do the filming at a  get together or something you would use a camerafor then show him, his behavior

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 9:54 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I was in a very similar sitiation and what helped me the most was to seek out a therapist of my own to work with. They will help you to understand what is really going on, determine to what level you are really being disrespected, and most importantly give you tools on how to change your behavior with him. You can only change your behavior and verbal exchanges with your husband,

You cannot change him. You will be surprised how much better things get with your husband when your behavors change and show a sense of self-respect. Good luck to you! Try to give it your best effort. I am a much happier,stronger, and peaceful person because of it, as is my son.
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 10:45 PM on May. 25, 2011