I am a SAHM. I got a traffic ticket and my husband refuses to pay it!

In the last year he has received 4 speeding tix. He is one away from losing his license. We have paid literally thousands in fines. Today I got a minor traffic for a turn, told him about it, and he told me I need to figure out how to pay it because he isn't going to! I am dumb founded. How am I supposed to pay it and why do we get to bleed our account for him and not for me?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow, you got a great husband on your hands there :-/
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 9:53 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I would tell him yes the hell he is! That's not even right.

Keva1990

Answer by Keva1990 at 9:54 PM on May. 25, 2011

• So go grab the checkbook and make out a check

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:55 PM on May. 25, 2011

• As his wife, you NEED to have access to the bank account too. If you do, then just pay it. If you don't and he doesn't. You will have to go to court and pay more for court fees.
    BowCheeky

Answer by BowCheeky at 9:56 PM on May. 25, 2011

• ok start charging him for cleaning his house doing his laundry watching his children and running his errands paying his bills....cooking his food I can go on and on .

traren

Answer by traren at 9:58 PM on May. 25, 2011

• This doesn't justify it but my guess is maybe he didn't expect you to get a ticket because he's always the one that does. You probably just caught him off guard. I'm sure he will help you pay it eventually. Unless this guy is a real jerk.
    BraydonsMama262

Answer by BraydonsMama262 at 9:59 PM on May. 25, 2011

• im a SAHM also and i'd beat my husband before i let him tell me he wasnt going to pay for my speeding ticket. honestly if your decision to be a SAHM was both of yours then your husband knew he was going to have to be the sole financial provider. if your husband wont pay for things you need then stop washing ALL his clothes, dont pick up any of his crap and if you need to get it out of the way throw it on his half of the closet. let him know if he gets to only think about himself then so do you!

if that doesnt work when you use your debit card at the grocery store take 20 or 40 dollars out when it asks if you want cash back until you have enough saved up to pay the ticket.... and kick him in the teeth for being a jerk
    julie.f

Answer by julie.f at 10:01 PM on May. 25, 2011

• His money is your money too so just pay it. He needs to wake up!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:02 PM on May. 25, 2011

• No sex until it is paid and no house work either.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:08 PM on May. 25, 2011

• i agree with taren and dancinintherain
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 10:14 PM on May. 25, 2011