Worried about my dog

I was digging through some storage boxes today and my dog got ahold of one of those little packets of silica. Before I realized she had it, she had torn it open and I can only assume she ate some. She is a teeny dog, only about 10 pounds. Everything I've read says that it should be fine as long as she didn't eat a lot. But does anybody actually have any experience with this? She's acting fine, but I'm worried (and I'd rather not spend a fortune in vet bills if there's no reason for an after hours visit).

BlueFrogMama

Asked by BlueFrogMama at 6:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pets

• If she continues to act normal then there is no need to worry. But I would suggest that you make sure she donesn't eat any more..lol Call the vet and ask if it is on the poison list for dogs to make sure she doesn't need a antidont for it. I am not sure but the vet will have the number to the poison control to ask to make sure she is going to to be ok...Good luck ...I hope she will be fine...
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 6:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• WikiAnswers - What should i do if my dog ate a silica gel packet

Veterinary Medicine question: What should i do if my dog ate a silica gel packet ? I will strongly suggest you fisrt of all made the dog drink lot of plane ...
    wiki.answers.com/Q/What_should_i_do_if_my_dog_ate_a_silica_gel_packet
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• make sure you dog drinks plenty of water. maybe don't give it food for 8 hrs to get her to drink more and flush out or maybe 12 hrs would be better.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2008