Wks being pregnant and castore oil

I went to the doctor today and she measured me at 37 cm...and I told her i thought I was 36 wks and 1 day.She told me that as long as they are in the same range it's fine.37 wks 36 wks and a 1 same thing.How in the world is those the same!?!?If Im 37 wks then that means my due date is the 29th of this mth.But they are saying it's the 4th of jan.Also taking castor oil..does that really work.Like I said im 37 wks (from what the doc told me) would it work for me now??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• DON'T take the castor oil. For one thing, you are weeks too early for your baby to come out. 37 weeks is considered full term, but unless the baby comes on their own at that time, you don't want to try any methods of self-induction until 40 weeks. And I would err on the side of caution with estimation...even if you're measuring 37 weeks, you may still only be 36 gestation-wise.

Castor oil can cause you to go into labor and then stop, and it's almost guaranteed that you'll end up with vomiting and/or diarrhea. It strips nutrients from your body and overall is just a really bad idea.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I bought some but never had the nerve to take it. A friend of mine did and said it makes u feel like you're in labor because your stomach is cramping so bad getting ready to make tou poop your guts out. Have lots of sex!! That works for some.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 6:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• 5 days is totally normal. Only 4% of babies are born on their due date. I wouldn't do castor oil. My mom tried it with 3 of 5 kids and it didn't work for any of us. The difference in the measurement can be whether the baby is curled or stretched. My sister was measuring me last week (I was 22+4) and I measured 19, then mid-measure the baby stretched and I measured a solid 22.
    If you google it to find a picture, it will show you how 36-37 is higher and 38-42 is lowers. Anyway all this to say that it is pretty normal and your due date is just a guess because some babies like to gestate a little longer than others.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Taking castor oil may put you in labor and may cause complications in your pregnancy. When it is time for the baby to be born it iwill. I would think that you wouldn't want to be pooping al over the doctor while having the baby and causing all that stuff to get in your baby's eyes. What are you thinking about?
    luvmythree123

Answer by luvmythree123 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Caster Oil is a POISON!!!

Castor oil overdose Medical Information

Oct 24, 2007 ... Castor oil overdose Information from Drugs.com. ... Castor oil is considered very toxic. Call poison control for treatment information. ...
    www.drugs.com/enc/castor-oil-overdose.html -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2008