Poopy training?

So my 2 1/2 yr. old is potty trained but not poopy trained. She knows when she's going most of the time. She hides where we don't see her and squats then says YUCKY! but only when she's done. What do I do? I'm frustrated and irritated! It's been this way for at least the last 3-4 months. She's been potty trained for almost a year!!!

watersgirls

Asked by watersgirls at 6:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm working on this now. I reward my daughter for any attempts to poop on the potty - she gets a couple of M&Ms. If she actual goes on the potty, she gets the M&Ms and a sticker for her chart. Another thing I'm going to be starting tomorrow is to have "play poop" sessions. I heard about this in a "how to potty train" class. You make pretend poop out of playdoh and have play sessions where you put the poop in the potty. You can get silly and ask questions like "should we put the poop in the dollhouse?... no, that's messy".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• you can try to put her on the potty with something she likes or buy the doll that goes potty the one that it looks like ther is poop in it lol it might work but they do potty train themselves when they are ready you really cant force them good luck
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i cannot answer ur question but just know that u are not the only one. i am going through the same exact thing with my 2 1/2 year old. she is wonderful as far as the pee-pee training goes, but refuses to poop in the potty. i dont remember my 4 year old having the same problem. she actually prefers to do it all by herself and kicks me out of the bathroom when she goes, but runs and hides somewhere when she does the other, just like ur daughter. if u get any good advice that actually works, please pass it on!! lol!!
    MommysTired10

Answer by MommysTired10 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2008