Do you think you could survive someone cheating on you? Why or why not?

So many women get cheated on and it hurts them mentally or financially do you think you could make it and how would you do it?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 10:21 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• i did, it hurts but it's not what defines me as a person. it did change me for the better, i appreciate a lot more now. i could honestly thank him.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:48 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I'm not sure, but I don't think I care enough about sex to make it a huge issue. But then I've never been in the situation so if I was, I might think quite differently about it.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:23 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I'd never trust that person again. But yeah I could move on with my life.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:23 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I can survive anything.

Anonymous

• No, I tried with my first husband and I believe when a person cheats, they have lost their respect for their mate. When that happens, its time to leave.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:24 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I can only speak for myself.

I not only survived. I have thrived all these years afterwards.

I survived by sheer will. It hurt like hell, my world was ripped apart, I had no idea if I was coming or going at first (for the first few months after the fact really). However, no matter how much it hurt, how confused I was, how humiliated I felt.. and everything else I felt at the time. I knew that I had to survive, not just for my son/family etc. I realized I had to survive for myself more than anyone or anything else.

I thrived afterwards by choice.I chose not to wallow in misery. I chose not to let this one thing destroy me and my life. I chose to look at myself, my marriage, my life and make those things what **I** wanted them to be and get what ** I** wanted and felt I deserved out of those things. I then put in the effort, the time, etc.to make those things happen.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 10:28 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Of course I would survive. I just wouldn't "survive" with my husband. All trust would be lost and what is left if you can't trust your partner?
    IMaTAPSgirl

Answer by IMaTAPSgirl at 10:32 PM on May. 25, 2011

• That's a good question, but I think the better question is, could they survive cheating on me??

My Dad did this to my Mom after 27 years of marriage, and I am so proud to say that she not only survived, she thrived!

But I am in a different position, and if it happened today I would lose custody, be homeless, be broke, and jobless, probably lose my vehicle... I don't like to think about it. I have a chronic disease. It would be hard for me. I hope my Mom would take me in! But I wouldn't give up! Just because someone cheats on you, it depends on the sitch. Was it a one nighter or an 18 month affair? I don't know if I would leave. I would hate to say that I wouldn't want to get even, but I don't know. I want to be the big person and say couseling, work it out, but I don't know.

Honestly, a lot would depend on the situation for me. Who was the woman to me? A stranger, or someone I knew? That would be bad if I knew her.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:34 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Survive it? Of course.
    Will it hurt? Yes.
    Would I take him back? NEVER.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:39 PM on May. 25, 2011

• You take a vow for better or worse yes, but is there another vow saying you guys will never hurt each other and will stay faithful? something like that...he doesnt deserve you if he is going to cheat on you (even once) from a position who knows, stay with him if you can because it hurts now but will soften with time but if you cant love trust him anymore just leave dont suffer with it! do whats best for you. go look at one of my questions about this youll see what i have been suffering with for 8 yrs.
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 11:03 PM on May. 25, 2011