How can i produce more milk

i can only get like 2-3oz. at a time in 15min. every couple hours

racengrl15

Asked by racengrl15 at 10:40 PM on May. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• If 2-3oz pumping, then you are doing good. Pumping is not a good way to measure your milk.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 10:42 PM on May. 25, 2011

• The more the baby drinks...the more you will produce.
    PsychicSherry

Answer by PsychicSherry at 10:43 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Pump as much as you can while the baby isn't eating. Drink lots of water! Good luck.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 10:44 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I've never tried it, but Fenugreek supplements are supposed to increase production, as is drinking "Mother's Milk" tea... But you're not supposed to take Fenugreek unless your supply of milk is low, apparantly.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:51 PM on May. 25, 2011

• You can go to your local health food store and ask them for supplements like Fenugreek. (Keep taking it until you smell like maple syrup.) Keep in mind that what you pump is not a good indication of what you produce. I never got much when I pumped but I had plenty of milk to exclusively breastfeed my twins.

Also, what type of pump are you using?  A hospital grade rental is designed to stimulate supply.  Other pumps are not designed for that.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:37 AM on May. 26, 2011