Dog peeing

We have a female puppy (6 months). Recently she has started peeing on things- beds and couches. She was every once in a while peeing in the house, on the carpet. Now its the beds and couches. We take her on long walks and to the dog parks. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it behavioral? What can we do to help her? Oh, and last night she got up on the bed where my hubby was sleeping and peed - my hubby was right there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Pets

• A puppy needs to be taken out about every hour. If you're unable to do this, you'll probably have to crate her.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:06 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Oh, I should have added, when I was house training my pups, I'd take a treat outside with me. Every time they did their business where they were supposed to, I gave them lots of praise and the treat. That was the ONLY time they were given treats, so they could associate the reward with their behavior.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:09 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I'd take her to the vet and have her checked for a bladder infection first.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:41 AM on May. 26, 2011

• you def need to take the puppy out every hour. I have a lab who had the same problem so i put him on a schedule like a baby would have basically eat pee play sleep and over and over. He was 1 1/2 when we finally let him out of the cage and could trust him. If u put the puppy in a cage with a blanket they love to cuddle up if they pee in it take it out same with toys and it helps divert them from peeing because they like the comfort.
    Katie44

Answer by Katie44 at 9:01 AM on May. 26, 2011

• ditto popzaroo's answers.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:16 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Puppy urinating too much;  Ok there are a number of things that can be going on.  1. you need to rule-out medical/ Urinary infection first,  AFTER that is ruled out, you can deal with behavior issues:

SEE here for some Great help :

Boston Terrier urinating all over the house

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Boston-Terriers-3377/2008/11/Boston-urination-behavior.htm

adult Bulldog peeing all over the  house (Supplements and Behavior)

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Bulldogs-2360/2009/11/English-Bulldog-Peeing-1.htm

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 8:36 AM on May. 28, 2011